Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Cocaine smuggler Baldev Singh sentenced in absentia to 12 years

If cocaine smuggler Baldev Singh ever comes back to Canada, he’ll be facing 12 years in a federal penitentiary. A Superior Court judge in Windsor last week sentenced Singh in absentia for coming across the Ambassador Bridge on the morning of March 19, 2009, with 69 kilograms of cocaine hidden in a shipment of California oranges.

In September 2014, Singh was convicted for importing cocaine. He didn’t turn up for subsequent court dates or for an interview with a probation officer who had been tasked with writing a background report on him for the sentencing judge. Singh, 46, was free on $210,000 bail throughout his trial. Only $40,000 of that money had ever been deposited with the court.
The trial heard that Singh was the lone occupant of a truck carrying Sunkist oranges picked up in Woodland, Calif. The truck, owned by East West Trucking Inc. of Mississauga, Ont., was pulled in for inspection when it arrived at the Ambassador Bridge three days later.

The cardboard crates of oranges were unloaded and a drug dog went through them. The dog detected nothing, the trial heard. The dog’s handler decided to perform a training exercise with the dog, hiding a dummy stash in one of the crates. When the handler removed a bag of oranges to hide the training aid, she found 21 bricks of cocaine hidden in the crate. A second crate contained another 48 bricks of cocaine.

Karamjit Singh Grewal was found not guilty of smuggling 82 kilos of cocaine in 2009
Members of southern Ontario’s Indo-Canadian community, in particular from Brampton and Mississauga, are increasingly being lured into the North American drug trade. An estimated 65 per cent of Ontario’s long-haul truck drivers are Indo-Canadian, making them logical targets for drug traffickers. They will gladly do long-haul jobs shunned by others that can mean being on the road for weeks.

Kuldip Singh Dharmi, also from Brampton was arrested on Aug. 11, 2009, after Canada Border Services Agency officers found 117 kilos of cocaine in his tractor-trailer. He was bringing back a load of aluminum coils. He, too, was found not guilty. Of the 15 to 18 significant drug seizures at the Windsor-Detroit crossing each year, about 75 per cent involve Indo-Canadian transport drivers, many of them recent immigrants to Canada, said federal prosecutor Richard Pollock.

Kuldip Singh Dharmi
Canadian trucking company owner Parminder Sidhu pleaded guilty in a Buffalo court in 2014 to conspiracy to export from the United States more than five kilograms of cocaine. The charge carries a minimum 10-year jail sentence, though Sidhu could also face a maximum of life in prison as well as a $10,000,000 fine.

Sidhu was the owner of a trucking company, Prime 9, and had trucks outfitted with secret compartments that allowed drivers to bring thousands of pounds of cocaine into Canada. Between 2009 and May 10, 2011, Sidhu conspired with Michael Bagri and Ravinder Arora to export approximately 1,617 kilograms of cocaine cocaine from the United States to Canada.

Battle Royal over Costco parking spot goes Viral

A trip to the wholesale goods store Costco was anything but wholesome for a group of brawling dummies in Mississauga on Saturday. Police say a fight erupted in the parking lot of a Costco at Dundas St. E. and Dixie Rd. at around 2:15 p.m.

Cops said the fight was primarily between two separate couples over a parking space. Police are still investigating the incident and have not laid any charges at this time.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Rocco Sollecito of Rizzuto organization shot dead - Update III


Francesco (Chit) Del Balso
Francesco (Chit) Del Balso, 46, informed the Parole Board of Canada last week in writing that he feels his life is not in danger even though his close friend, and fellow leader in the Rizzuto organization, Lorenzo (Skunk) Giordano, 52, was fatally shot in Laval on March 1.

Giordano and Del Balso recently reached the statutory release dates on the lengthy sentences they received as a result of Project Colisée. Del Balso and Giordano were seen as potential candidates to assume the top position in the group.

Kia Sportage SUV with a broken passenger window in which 50 year-old Lorenzo Giordano met his fate.

The decision was made one day before Rocco Sollecito was murdered.
Days after Giordano was killed, Del Balso was placed under arrest and returned to a penitentiary after Correctional Service of Canada decided to suspend his statutory release out of concerns for his safety. Last week, the parole board agreed with Del Balso that he should be released again.
The summary reveals that Giordano was killed inside a car with his wife seated next to him “and information was received to the effect that (Del Balso) was next on the execution list.”
_________________________________________________

Rocco Sollecito
Exactly one decade ago, Rocco Sollecito was part of a group of six men who seemed untouchable. The six had been chosen to take charge of the Mafia in Montreal while its leader, Vito Rizzuto, was incarcerated in the United States.

Now, following Sollecito’s brazen killing only two of those six men remain alive and both were recently returned to federal penitentiaries out of concerns for their safety. Police say a man, described as being in his 30s and dressed entirely in black, was waiting at a bus shelter on St-Elzéar Blvd.

The gunman opened fire into the passenger-side window of Sollecito’s white BMW sport utility vehicle when it stopped at a stop sign at around 8:30 a.m.

Paolo Renda
The first of the six to go was Vito Rizzuto’s brother-in-law, Paolo Renda, who was abducted off a street in May 2010 by men who appeared to be pretending to be plainclothes police officers. Renda has never been seen since.

Six months after Renda was abducted, Rizzuto’s father, Nicolo (Zio Cola) Rizzuto was killed in his home. It was the clearest of signs that the Rizzuto organization was under attack from a group led by Salvatore Montagna.

Salvatore "Sal the Iron Worker" Montagna was an acting boss of the Bonanno crime family in New York. He was a dual citizen of Italy and Canada. Montagna was deported from the U.S. and came to Montreal

Salvatore Montagna

Agostino Cuntrera was executed May 30, 2010
Shortly after Vito Rizzuto's release, several men were killed in what is suspected to be retaliation for the hits on his family: drug dealers Emilio Cordileone, Tony Gensale, and Mohamed Awada were eliminated in back to back killings in November 2012. Also in November, Joe Di Maulo, an influential mobster who was suspected of having orchestrated the hits on the Rizzuto clan along with Raynald Desjardins and Salvatore Montagna, was executed in the driveway of his home.

Raynald Desjardins

Joe Di Maulo

Nick Rizzuto Jr son of Vito Rizzuto, was shot dead on December 29, 2009.

Francesco (Chit) Del Balso
Survivers of the six are Francesco (Chit) Del Balso, 46, and Francesco Arcadi, 62.
Salvatore Montagna was killed on Nov. 24, 2011. The slaying occurred just weeks after an attempt was made on Raynald Desjardins’s life.

Francesco Arcadi
See ----->http://neer-do-well-hall-of-infamey.blogspot.ca/2016/04/six-men-plead-guilty-to-conspiracy-to.html
__________________________________________________________

Rocco Sollecito
Rocco Sollecito was shot dead Friday morning on Boulevard St-Elzéar W., between Curé-Labelle et Chomedey Blvds in Laval. Sollecito was shot in his car and pronounced dead at the scene. Sollecito was shot when he stopped at a stop sign just 300 metres away from Laval police headquarters. "It's not complicated. It's a mob hit," said Laval police spokesman Franco Di Genova. Sollecito was a longtime friend of local mob boss Vito Rizzuto, and apparently remained loyal to the Rizzuto organization when it came under attack in 2010 and 2011.

Sollecito appeared to be the organization’s top decision-maker after Rizzuto’s father, Nicolo, was murdered, Rizzuto’s brother-in-law Paolo Renda was kidnapped, and Rizzuto himself was incarcerated.

Rocco Sollecito, Charlie Renda

Stefano Sollecito
Rocco Sollecito’s expertise in the organization was bookmaking. After Vito Rizzuto died of natural causes in December 2013, a committee of six men reportedly took over the reins of the organization, and Sollecito’s loyalty appeared to have been rewarded in the shake-up.

His son Stefano was reportedly given a high-ranking position on the committee and, as the eldest member of the group, Rocco was to have acted as an adviser to the younger generation. Stefano Sollecito was arrested late last year along with Vito’s son, Leonardo. Sollecito's shooting comes three months after Lorenzo (Skunk) Giordano, identified as a lieutenant in the Montreal Mafia, was killed in a parking lot in the Chomedey area of Laval.

Lorenzo (Skunk) Giordano

See ----->http://gangstersouted.blogspot.ca/2016/05/girolamo-del-balso-busted-by-amigo.html
See ----->http://gangstersouted.blogspot.ca/2016/05/six-men-plead-guilty-to-conspiracy-to.html
See ----->http://gangstersouted.blogspot.ca/2016/05/montreal-underworld-blood-is-being.html
See ----->http://neer-do-well-hall-of-infamey.blogspot.ca/2016/05/rcmp-swoop-on-montreal-mafia-again.html

President of Fayetteville HA busted - Update


Daniel Silcose
The president of the Fayetteville Hells Angels chapter was charged Friday in an assault and robbery on two members of the Mongols Motorcycle Club at Hooters.

Daniel Silcose III, 58, and Timothy J. Zylstra, 48, have been charged with misdemeanor aggravated assault, conspiracy, larceny of a firearm and robbery with a dangerous weapon.

Fayetteville North Carolina Clubhouse
Footage at the restaurant showed that three men with Hells Angels colours entered the restaurant from the front. Three others from a side door.

The six men immediately surrounded two men in the restaurant. Silcose struck the victims, Matthew Ryan Brinkley, 31, and Pedro Galvan, 55, multiple times on the head with a beer bottle and kicked Brinkley' s head.

A fire damaged the Hell's Angels clubhouse on Shedd Avenue in March

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Crook 'butt dials' Hall of Infamy

Anthony Burrell had a butt-dialing mishap. Burrell and two of his criminal friends broke into a house in Roswell. Then he accidentally called 911. While emergency services was listening in Burrell had plenty to say “Yeah, we picked up this fucking TV set, got ahold of it and we got it out of the house,” During the next 45-minutes, Burrell provided a virtual roadmap of his criminal activity. He told the location of the burgled home, how the three evaded the cops and a list of items stolen. Roswell police were able to track the confession to Burrell using his cell phone number and the trio were arrested.
On March 19th, 2015, Deputies listened to a thirty-four minute long cellphone which lead them straight to Kyle Scott James and Jaramie Jason Ites who were doing a B&E while Jessica June Friedrichs was waiting inside their get-away car.
Dean Brown (left) and David Fanuelsen (right) are facing felony grand theft charges after confessing to planning and stealing expensive chainsaws from their employer. How were they caught? One of the crooks “butt-dialed” their boss — not once, but twice.

The “butt-dialed” calls went to the duo’s boss who overhead the two men discussing stealing tools from a construction site. Concerned about his equipment, he drove to the site and discovered his trailers had been broken into. A second call to his cell phone from Fanuelsen went to voice mail. The voice mail message reportedly featured the two crooks planning how they were going to pawn the saws after stealing them.
Jason S. Hamielec, 29, and Brian A. Johnson, 28, couldn’t stop talking about their thievery after lifting a bunch of DVDs and computer games from a Target store. They yakked, jawed and chortled inside their getaway SUV for 54 minutes, bragging about what they stole, describing the vehicle they were in, and chatting about where they might get the best prices for the stolen merchandise.

When then the pair pulled into a parking lot near the Video X-Change, the cops were waiting. Both men were dumbfounded by how police knew exactly where they would be.
Scott Robert Esser has been indicted on burglary charges after police say he dialed 911. Police say they heard Esser and an accomplice talk about breaking into homes, emptying drawers and stealing goods. Esser was indicted on burglary, theft and other charges after police found jewelry, electronics, $11,300 in bonds and a handgun in his car.

Lawan Sanders and his girlfriend Charity Fournier had a bad day when they tried to sell drugs. A 911 call came through, and police were able to hear their plans to break up their large stash of hash and sell their pot in baggies. A few minutes later, cops rolled up in an unmarked car and placed the pair under arrest.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Kevin Van Kalkeren pulls 16 years


Kevin Van Kalkeren
The judge found that Van Kalkeren played a leading role in a conspiracy to import 500 kilos of cocaine when he met undercover police officers posing as members of a South American drug cartel.

After receiving credit for pre-sentence custody, Van Kalkeren has 10 years and 4 1/2 months of prison time remaining. He will be eligible to apply for day parole after three years and full parole after around 3 1/2 years.
Two of Van Kalkeren's co-accused — Murray Trekofski and Orhan Saydam — previously entered guilty pleas. Trekofski received eight years in prison while Saydam was sentenced to three years.

Final submissions by Crown and defence in the trial of the five remaining accused — David Giles, Brian Oldham, James Howard, Michael Read and Shawn Womacks — are scheduled for June.
__________________________________
Both Crown and defence accept that an 18-year sentence is appropriate. But Judge Ross will have to decide if she agrees.

What’s in dispute between the lawyers is now much pre-trial credit Van Kalkeren should get. The standard is now 1.5 days for every day in custody prior to conviction. But Van Kalkeren’s lawyer Ian Donaldson says 2-1 wouldn’t be out of line for the 47-year-old given he’s spent almost 45 months in isolation at North Fraser Pre-trial Centre.
Donaldson mentioned Friday that it was Van Kalkeren’s own bravado to uncover cops that got him denied bail in the first place.

He told the officers posing as drug traffickers that he had money hidden abroad and passports so that he could flee if something went wrong with the 500-kilogram cocaine deal. Kevin Van Kalkeren learns his fate May 27.
_______________________________________________

Kevin Van Kalkaren
A Hells Angels associate who put up $4 million to smuggle half a tonne of cocaine into Canada should be sentenced to 18 years in jail, a federal prosecutor said Thursday. Chris Greenwood said Kevin Van Kalkeren played a leading role in the conspiracy to import the “massive” shipment of cocaine, along with full-patch Kelowna Hells Angel David Giles and associate James Howard.

Van Kalkeren pleaded guilty in January, three-and-a-half years after he was caught in a reverse sting by Mounties posing as South American drug traffickers.

David Giles
Van Kalkeren’s co-accused in the case — Giles, Howard, Hells Angel Brian Oldham and associates Michael Read and Shawn Womacks — remain on trial before B.C. Supreme Court Justice Carol Ross. But the trial is adjourned until Monday so the judge can preside over Van Kalkeren’s sentencing hearing.

The Okanagan man boasted that he had been involved in the drug trade for 18 years, producing 300 to 500 pounds of marijuana a month and then trading pot in Los Angeles for cocaine. “The evidence revealed a conspiracy in which Van Kalkeren agreed with others, notably Giles and Howard, to purchase a purported shipment of 500 kilograms of cocaine and future shipments on a regular basis,” Greenwood said. The conspirators could have made between $7 and $15 million on the cocaine if the deal had been real.