|Sherri Kent of Calgary said her 22-year-old son Michael had taken a fatal dose of fentanyl and warned of an opioid “epidemic” sweeping Canada.|
"I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl . My son was not an addict he made a mistake that cost him his life. I just want to make everyone aware of the epidemic that's goin on right now that's killing 5-7 people a day in every city in Canada. It's out of control and there is no way to protect our children from this other than to warn them of the dangers of drug use today. I've lost my son to this horrible tragedy and want to make parents aware that it can happen to anyone who decides to touch anything that can be snorted up your nose. Fentanol is the number #1 killer in Canada and it's taking our children and loved ones. Please share this with your family and friends to help prevent another tragedy"
Five people were helped by organs donated after Michael Kent died on March 21, a week after his overdose.